Noun(1) the state of being welcome(2) a greeting or reception
Verb(1) accept gladly(2) bid welcome to; greet upon arrival(3) receive someone, as into one's house
Adjective(1) giving pleasure or satisfaction or received with pleasure or freely granted
(1) Members and guests are welcome and should book early to ensure seating.(2) A warm welcome is extended to the people who have come to live in the parish.(3) Parents and supporters are welcome to lend encouragement to our young players.(4) Judi's welcome is warm and inviting and she has an excellent knowledge of the surrounding area.(5) He will not receive a warm welcome from the larger British public.(6) There is also no question about the friendliness of the welcome visitors receive here.(7) we particularly welcome this opportunity to comment on it(8) So your website must be ready to receive this welcome guest.(9) Please take a look and any additions are most welcome !(10) Daniels thanked all those present for their warm welcome .(11) I received a welcome e-mail today(12) Parents are welcome to help out and new members are encouraged to take part.(13) we welcome feedback from the public(14) Perhaps there is an elderly person in your area who may be lonely and would welcome a friendly gesture to join you on the trip.(15) The public is encouraged to attend the event, and men are welcome to cheer on the women and children as they march.(16) However, his family welcome him with open arms and a feast, so glad are they to have him back.
(1) you are welcome :: ඔබව සාදරයෙන් පිලිගන්නවා
(2) welcome back :: ආපසු සාදරයෙන් පිළිගනිමු
(3) welcome to :: වෙත ඔබව සාදරයෙන් පිළිගනිමු
(4) very welcome :: සාදරයෙන් පිළිගන්නවා
(5) warm welcome :: උණුසුම් පිළිගැනීම
(6) be welcome :: සාදරයෙන් පිළිගන්නවා
(7) welcome party :: පිළිගැනීමේ පක්ෂය
1. pleasing ::
2. agreeable ::
එකඟ විය හැකි
3. encouraging ::
4. gratifying ::
6. promising ::
7. favorable ::
8. pleasant ::
9. refreshing ::
10. gladly received ::
13. popular ::
14. desirable ::
15. greeting ::
16. salutation ::
17. reception ::
18. hospitality ::
20. greet ::
21. salute ::
22. receive ::
23. meet ::
24. usher in ::
unwelcome, welcome, welcomed, welcomes, welcoming
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 11
So WELCOME to tonight's episode...
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 21
You're WELCOME to tag along.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 21
Thank you again.
BROKER: You're WELCOME.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 5
- I can go 30.
- Welcome aboard, old chum.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 4
English to Sinhala Dictionary: welcome
Meaning and definitions of welcome, translation in Sinhala
language for welcome with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of welcome in Sinhala and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'welcome'
What welcome means in Sinhala, welcome meaning
in Sinhala, welcome
definition, examples and pronunciation
of welcome in Sinhala language.