Noun(1) how something is done or how it happens(2) a way of expressing something (in language or art or music etc.(3) a particular kind (as to appearance(4) the popular taste at a given time(5) (botany(6) editorial directions to be followed in spelling and punctuation and capitalization and typographical display(7) distinctive and stylish elegance(8) a pointed tool for writing or drawing or engraving(9) a slender bristlelike or tubular process
Verb(1) designate by an identifying term(2) make consistent with a certain fashion or style(3) make consistent with certain rules of style
(1) Muslims consider the Quran itself to be a miracle because of the inimitability of its style and language.(2) backing out isn't my style(3) If you only see people for the style of their hair or what they wear, you could miss what's right in front of your face.(4) in the classical style(5) As local real estate prices have soared, so has the region's reputation for style and taste.(6) Her style is journalistic more than literary or academic, the prose, simple, and her curiosity, endless.(7) At only 32, he is already an influential journalist with a unique style and affection for political analysis.(8) Here's part of a speech he gave in Sydney during that turbulent campaign, and it's worth listening to the style of language he uses.(9) Today, his star is fading and so is the idea that he is an icon of style and musical sophistication.(10) the partnership traded under the style of Storr and Mortimer(11) Waterford Crystal, the epitome of style and elegance, is the world's most successful luxury crystal brand.(12) But when a temple of style and urban sophistication founders on ambience, food and service, it doesn't leave much to cling to.(13) they write in the same style(14) I'd like to say that I did it with style and elegance but I suspect that would be a lie.(15) The single-story building reflected the architectural style of the church and used part of an existing boundary wall.(16) Despite our growing celebrity status we had no sophistication or sense of style .
(1) new style :: නව ආකාරයේ
(2) in style :: ශෛලිය තුල
(3) out of style :: ශෛලිය පිටතට
(4) font style :: ෆොන්ට ශෛලිය
(5) doggy style :: doggy ශෛලිය
(6) old style :: පැරණි ශෛලිය
(7) hair style :: කෙස් ශෛලිය
(8) style sheet :: විලාස පත
(9) management style :: කළමනාකරණ ශෛලිය
1. manner ::
2. type ::
3. flair ::
4. comfort ::
5. fashion ::
6. stylus ::
7. trend ::
8. dash ::
9. design ::
10. call ::
11. title ::
style, styled, styles, styling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Oh. Okay. You know, I don't want
to criticize your rhetorical STYLE...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
Hey, this is not a costume.
It's a choice. It's a STYLE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 6
Star Trek STYLE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 23
As a man with a keen
sense of STYLE,
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 2
you need a bit of STYLE.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
English to Sinhala Dictionary: style
Meaning and definitions of style, translation in Sinhala
language for style with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of style in Sinhala and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'style'
What style means in Sinhala, style meaning
in Sinhala, style
definition, examples and pronunciation
of style in Sinhala language.