Noun(1) a piece of cutlery with a shallow bowl-shaped container and a handle; used to stir or serve or take up food(2) as much as a spoon will hold(3) formerly a golfing wood with an elevated face
Verb(1) scoop up or take up with a spoon(2) snuggle and lie in a position where one person faces the back of the others
(1) Alright, open the jar and get your spoon and take a big scoop out of it.(2) It also appeals to mothers because you don't have to pack a spoon for it and then wonder if it's going to come back.(3) It's yogurt in a tube so you don't need a spoon to eat it.(4) Never tap your water glass with a spoon to get the server's attention.(5) Thirteen-month-old Kristin turns her head away when offered food on a spoon .(6) Minutes later, he stops stirring and puts down the spoon .(7) He is like a child hammering a spoon on the table, the way he pounds his fists on the arm of his chair.(8) He sits upright and brings his spoon up to his lips.(9) Holding a spoon and a bowl, this woman lunches quietly, pensively and, most importantly, alone on the grass.(10) Bung it in the pan and smooth it out with an oiled spoon .(11) They'd grow that pinkie at least a good half-inch past the finger and shape it perfectly, and that was the ultimate coke spoon of the time.(12) So I borrowed the spoon and I took it to Roy in the Hilton Hotel in New York.(13) In any case, the idea is good - eliminate the reason consumers can't eat yogurt on the run, based upon the premise that consumers can't ever find a spoon to eat their yogurt.(14) ├ö├ç├┐These products are designed to be a convenient way to get the benefits of dairy in the morning without having to sit down with a bowl and spoon ,├ö├ç├û she says.(15) I dropped the strainer method and adopted tea bags, made in the mug, but the drink (Assam with no more than a drop of milk and two heaped spoons of sugar) turned out the same: hot, strong and syrupy.(16) But it's not just a superior production job they have going for them: Volume 1 would be just as chilling played on a banjo and a set of spoons .
(1) wooden spoon :: ලී හැන්ද
(2) soup spoon :: සුප් හැන්ද
(3) measuring spoon :: මිනුම් හැන්දක්
(4) silver spoon :: රිදී හැන්ද
(5) slotted spoon :: හැන්දක් වනදායින්
(6) spoon-feed :: හැන්දක්-feed
(7) small spoon :: කුඩා හැන්දක්
(8) plastic spoon :: ප්ලාස්ටික් හැන්දක්
(9) greasy spoon :: තෙල් ගතියෙන් හැන්දක්
1. spoonful ::
2. smooch ::
spoon, spooned, spoonful, spoonfuls, spooning, spoons
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
his lady of the hour pops
a tiny SPOON of that into his mouth.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
I analysed the fingerprint from the car
and the one from the coffee SPOON