(1) The event remains the only occasion in British racing where every horse taking part wins prize money.(2) A snowstorm wiped out live racing at five tracks in the Eastern United States on Sunday.(3) The decision to resume both live racing and simulcasting will be made as soon as power is restored to the Miami track.(4) At the very least, the racing woman has to think about the weather - and dress accordingly.(5) There are soccer and basketball teams, and camel racing is a popular spectator sport.(6) An interesting phenomenon of the book was the relative absence of criticism of its flaws by racing people.(7) Last Thursday, I met a couple of racing fans who told me that for the first time ever, they were going to both days of the Scottish Grand National meeting.(8) While there is no doubt that racing will be the focus of the day, racecourse chiefs have lots in store to keep the younger members of the family amused.(9) Around 45 percent of competitive kart racing is done by youths.(10) He also was charged with giving misleading evidence to stewards and bringing racing into disrepute.(11) Yacht racing has been described as a hole in the ocean you throw money into!(12) On the competitive side of racing , no other current driver has three Winston Cup trophies.(13) Sulky racing normally involves one human and one horse(14) Additionally, they say that racing should be taxed as an ordinary business.(15) Many racing people are already feeling the pinch and any new ban would cause very serious difficulties for the industry.(16) I've lost movement in my left shoulder; physically I'm not up to competitive racing .
(1) race :: ජාතිය
(2) horse racing :: තුරඟ තරඟ
(3) motor racing :: මෝටර් රථ ධාවන තරග
(4) racing driver :: ධාවන රියදුරු
(5) racing car :: රේසිං කාර්
(6) drag racing :: ඇද ධාවන
(7) boat racing :: බෝට්ටු ධාවන
(8) racing circuit :: ධාවන පරිපථ
(9) motorcycle racing :: යතුරු පැදි ධාවන තරග
(10) cycle racing :: චක්රය ධාවන
(11) racing bicycle :: ධාවන පාපැදි
1. compete ::
2. hurry ::
3. pound ::
4. rush ::
5. pelt along ::
6. run ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Boy, your heart's RACING.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 16
Naked, screaming, RACING to the little islands.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
English to Sinhala Dictionary: racing
Meaning and definitions of racing, translation in Sinhala
language for racing with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of racing in Sinhala and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'racing'
What racing means in Sinhala, racing meaning
in Sinhala, racing
definition, examples and pronunciation
of racing in Sinhala language.