Noun(1) a tangible and visible entity; an entity that can cast a shadow(2) the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable(3) (grammar(4) the focus of cognitions or feelings(5) (computing
Verb(1) express or raise an objection or protest or criticism or express dissent(2) be averse to or express disapproval of
(1) The text of the Preamble to the Convention is an important source for determining its object and purpose.(2) What we object to are the attitudes that lurk beneath the surface his writing such as the persistent and recurring notion that contemporary art is guilty until proven innocent.(3) No child custody issues were implicated whatsoever under the Ninth Circuit ruling, only the father's rights to object to unconstitutional conduct.(4) If you do not declare yourself immediately, you arouse expectation, especially when the importance of your position makes you the object of general attention.(5) In this particular case the major reason for opposing an increase of a handful of dwellings was to object to a precedent being set.(6) It is an object , a goal, a future state of being to be passively wished for and waited upon.(7) If one of the parties does so and the other is unaware of the illegal purpose the party whose object is illegal cannot enforce the obligation of the other.(8) disease became the object of investigation(9) Earlier forerunners rely entirely on intransitive or quasi-transitive verbs, with the object preceded by a preposition.(10) They are the object of public pity for their heroic battles against addiction.(11) The photogram technique uses only light, an object and light-sensitive materials, such as ice, water and glass.(12) Verbs can be either transitive or intransitive a transitive verb governs an object , whereas an intransitive verb does not.(13) But he has links to men who are the object of a federal investigation into a West Coast laboratory.(14) This was unsatisfactory because the external object is something foreign or hostile to self-consciousness.(15) The result would hardly prove consistent with the object and purpose of the Statute and its intent to put an end to impunity for the perpetrators of the most serious crimes.(16) In 1899 he founded the magazine World of Art, with the object of interchanging artistic ideas with Western Europe.
(1) object to :: වස්තුවකට
(2) direct object :: සෘජු වස්තුවක්
(3) object pronoun :: වස්තුව සර්වනාමයකි
(4) to object :: වස්තුවකට
(5) indirect object :: වක්ර වස්තුව
(6) hidden object :: සැඟවුණු වස්තුව
(7) object type :: වස්තුව වර්ගය
(8) treasured object :: නිදන් වස්තු
1. thing ::
2. target ::
3. objective ::
object, objected, objecting, objector, objectors, objects
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...and I don't want
to be joined to another OBJECT...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 5
Remember that little OBJECT
I spotted beyond the Kuiper belt?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
...in which an OBJECT is only valued
because it's not possessed by others.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 15
my friends viewed me
as an OBJECT of ridicule.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 6
Yeah, it could be
a trans-Neptunian OBJECT.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 12
English to Sinhala Dictionary: object
Meaning and definitions of object, translation in Sinhala
language for object with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of object in Sinhala and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'object'
What object means in Sinhala, object meaning
in Sinhala, object
definition, examples and pronunciation
of object in Sinhala language.