Noun(1) a high wave (often dangerous, as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary
Adjective(1) having or showing keen interest or intense desire or impatient expectancy
(1) Kit nodded and leapt to her feet, an eager expression appearing on her face as she did so.(2) Bridge leaned over and glanced at the maps with an eager expression on her face.(3) A questing man eager for new experiences, his first play has just opened in Sao Paulo.(4) He was approached half a dozen times by reporters, all eager for an interview.(5) Time and again, Hendrie warned his side of the danger of being outfought by more eager opponents.(6) People were so eager to vote that we had to bring in extra ballot boxes and thousands of ballot papers to meet the demand.(7) But Phil and his team will bring the plants back to sell to eager Swindon gardeners.(8) The others were eager for his works, which sold better than those of Rembrandt in his prime.(9) People in urgent need of money and eager to make quick profits are lured into them.(10) From this point she is only too eager to turn her talent and visibility into a full time career.(11) I was fascinated to watch her plying her trade to the many young girls eager for her wares.(12) Ryne flinched at the overly eager , overly loud voice that greeted his arrival back home.(13) I know that young people are eager to find their ways in a more and more open world.(14) He reminded John of an eager child, desperate to please, to prove what he had learned.(15) All were extremely enthusiastic, and eager for everyone on the course to do well.(16) I can understand that Blackburn are eager for a reply but I cannot give them my decision yet.
(1) eager to learn :: ඉගෙනගැනීමට මහත් උනන්දුවක්
(2) very eager :: ඉතා කැමැත්තෙන්
(3) eager for :: උත්සුක
(4) be eager to know :: දැන ගැනීමට උත්සුක විය
(5) eager beaver :: කැමැත්තෙන් ඒ බීවර් සතුන්ගේ
(6) be eager for :: සඳහා උත්සුක විය
1. keen ::
2. enthusiastic ::
3. avid ::
4. fervent ::
5. ardent ::
7. wholehearted ::
8. dedicated ::
9. committed ::
11. gung-ho ::
12. aegir ::
13. eagre ::
14. tidal bore ::
15. bore ::
1. indifferent ::
කිසිදු තැකීමක් නැති
eager, eagerer, eagerest, eagerly, eagerness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Perhaps that's why your son was
so EAGER to cast you aside for me.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
and bring them here as EAGER recruits?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 3
are flying to Los Angeles,
and they are EAGER to meet you.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 13
I don't think either of us
are EAGER to jump into bed
with another Tuco.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 5
at the hands of those
you seem so EAGER to protect.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
English to Sinhala Dictionary: eager
Meaning and definitions of eager, translation in Sinhala
language for eager with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of eager in Sinhala and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'eager'
What eager means in Sinhala, eager meaning
in Sinhala, eager
definition, examples and pronunciation
of eager in Sinhala language.