Noun(1) the event of dying or departure from life(2) the permanent end of all life functions in an organism or part of an organism(3) the absence of life or state of being dead(4) the time when something ends(5) the time at which life ends; continuing until dead(6) the personification of death(7) a final state(8) the act of killing
(1) he was laid out in death(2) If you have too much cell death at the wrong time, then that results in disturbed brain development.(3) he had been depressed since the death of his father(4) Being a Classics teacher is not the social death it was twenty-five years ago.(5) This occurred through different pathways and caused different modes of cell death .(6) a death sentence(7) his death is a great loss(8) even in death, she was beautiful(9) Especially in October and November, we often think of death and the dead.(10) at the moment of death(11) Programmed cell death occurs in most, if not all life forms.(12) In every slave society slaves challenged the idea of slavery by struggling to redeem themselves from social death .(13) to be driven to a dance by one's father would be social death(14) After discharges, seizure activity could act as a stimulus producing cell death in the hippocampus.(15) the death of her hopes(16) they released a statement on his death
(1) death penalty :: මරණ දඬුවම
(2) death row :: මරණ දඬුවම නියම වූ
(3) sudden death :: හදිසි මරණය
(4) death sentence :: මරණ දඬුවම නියම
(5) till death :: මරණය දක්වා
(6) to death :: මරණ
(7) bored to death :: මරණ කම්මැලි
(8) kiss of death :: මරණයට හාදුවක්
(9) until death :: මරණය දක්වා
1. demise ::
2. end ::
4. last ::
5. expiry ::
කල් ඉකුත් වීමේ
1. birth ::
2. nativity ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Death by fire is the purest DEATH.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
And there is only one thing we say to DEATH -
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 6
Following the Death of King Robert I
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 2
The Lady Melisandre told me
that DEATH marches on the Wall.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 1
English to Sinhala Dictionary: death
Meaning and definitions of death, translation in Sinhala
language for death with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of death in Sinhala and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'death'
What death means in Sinhala, death meaning
in Sinhala, death
definition, examples and pronunciation
of death in Sinhala language.