Noun(1) the state or quality of being widely honored and acclaimed(2) favorable public reputation
(1) winning the Olympic title has brought her fame and fortune(2) He is reported as having suffered from clinical depression after the trauma of sudden fame and sudden mass public hatred.(3) But eventually the fame had become too much, and I believe he had turned to drugs to escape.(4) Guys who participated in a lot of the first ever matches deserved the fame they got from them.(5) This final show told an overwhelming story of what people will put themselves through for fame and fortune.(6) They are an adventurous bunch and many of them venture overseas to find fame and fortune.(7) she's searching for fame(8) This is the man who never gives up in his quest for fame and fortune.(9) Some people want to keep their private lives to themselves; others emote in public for fame and money.(10) They are after the fantastic first prize we're offering this year which could set the winner on the road to fame and fortune.(11) Despite the fame and the globetrotting, the couple's domestic existence is reassuringly familiar.(12) Occasionally, as in the case of Abba, the winning Eurovision band goes on to fame and fortune, but mostly they don't.(13) How do you motivate yourself at 27 when you have already achieved fame and enough money to last a lifetime?(14) he won fame for himself in the war(15) Eaglesmith once was quoted as saying that he lived like a rock star without the fame .(16) She arrived in Los Angeles dreaming of fame and fortune.
(1) hall of fame :: හෝල් ඔෆ් ෆේම්
(2) claim to fame :: කීර්තිය ප්රකාශය
(3) worldwide fame :: ලොවපුරා
(4) fame and wealth :: කීර්තිය, ධනය
(5) ill fame :: අසනීප කීර්තිය
1. renown ::
2. celebrity ::
3. stardom ::
4. popularity ::
5. prominence ::
6. note ::
7. distinction ::
8. esteem ::
9. importance ::
10. account ::
11. consequence ::
13. eminence ::
14. prestige ::
15. stature ::
16. repute ::
කීර්තියක් අත්පත් කර
17. notoriety ::
18. infamy ::
1. anonymity ::
2. oblivion ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
My point is, if Koothrappali is moving on
to a new life of shallow, undeserved FAME...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 4
for your FAME is widespread.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 8
May the gods continue to favor you and increase your FAME.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 8
that curtain of FAME
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 7
By taking away
my only claim to FAME?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 10
English to Sinhala Dictionary: fame
Meaning and definitions of fame, translation in Sinhala language for fame with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of fame in Sinhala and in English
Tags for the entry "fame"
What fame means in Sinhala, fame meaning
in Sinhala, fame definition, examples and pronunciation
of fame in Sinhala language.